XP is installed on NTFS file system
Use a Windows 98/Me startup disk to
delete the non-dos partition.
- Boot from Startup Disk.
- Load FDISK by typing "fdisk.exe" at
the "A" prompt without the quotes.
- Say yes to large disk support
<Y-N>...........? [Y] ENTER
- Enter choice #3 to "Delete partition or
Logical Dos Drive" Press ESC to return to
- Enter #4 to "Delete Non-DOS Partition".
Select the Non-DOS partition by typing the
number and then ENTER. Press ESC to return to
FDISK options. Note you cannot delete a
NON-DOS partition located inside an Extended
partition. You can use the DOS utility called
from a DOS boot up.
- Reboot with startup disk and load FDISK.
- Say yes to Large disk support as above.
- Enter choice #1 Press ESC to return to
- When asked if you want to use the maximum
size for the partition and make it active, type
Y if you want to use the whole drive, or
N if you want to set a maximum size for
- After accepting the max size or setting the
- To install another OS; reboot: Type
format X: at the A: prompt;
where X is the drive/partition letter
- Insert your Win 98/Me CD.
- Reboot from
boot disk with CD-Rom support.
- Type sys c:
- Type X: for CD drive location where X is the
CD drive location.
- Type setup.exe
- Follow setup prompts